Tutors4Ukraine.org is a project that helps Ukrainian refugees learn a foreign language. We do it by matching them with volunteer tutors for 1:1 lessons and by offering different initiatives such as Speaking Club and IELTS/TOEFL preparation sessions. Our mission is to help Ukrainian refugees be productive in the world economy, stand firmly on their own two feet, and be able to support themselves - and Ukraine.
During the last couple of months 300+ tutors and 500+ students signed up. Now we need your help to a) process more tutors and refugees, b) provide better support to the participants, and eventually c) expand to further educational projects.
1. Tutor and student handler
As tutor and student handler you will be the first line of contact for our tutors and students who are having 1:1 lessons and will provide them with support:
- Match students and tutors for 1:1 lessons
- Serve as a point of contact for students and tutors
- Maintain student/tutor database
- Collect feedback and conduct surveys from students and tutors
- Language requirements: proficient English and Ukrainian
- Time requirement: <8 hour per week with daily availability
2. Tutor Support Event Coordinator
As a tutor support event coordinator you will be responsible for all aspects of events organization for tutors:
- Develop a plan for webinars and other events for tutors
- Conduct surveys for tutors
- Communicate with tutor support experts to schedule and organize events
- Post event to all communication channels
- Language requirement: English
- Time requirement: <5 hours per week.
3. Tutor Outreach Coordinator (Europe)
As our tutor recruitment coordinator in Europe you will responsible for:
- Develop a plan on how to recruit volunteer tutors for European languages
- Reach out to organizations/ schools/ universities/ culture centers etc. to spread awareness about T4U and recruit tutors
- Be a contact person for those tutors to help them sign up and start tutoring
- Language requirement: English with Ukrainian/Russian preferred
- Time requirement: <8 hour per week
4. Tutor support and training manager
As a tutor support manager you will find new ways to support our tutors and provide them with tools to do the best possible job:
- Find or create content for tutors (tips for teaching languages, keeping students engaged, explaining difficult topics, structuring lessons)
- Collaborate with experienced tutors to produce materials to train new tutors
- Finding speakers to conduct webinars
- Create teaching resources for unexperienced tutors
- Language requirement: English
Time requirement: <8 hours per week.
We kindly ask that you fulfill these requirements:
- You commit to the selected role at least for one (1) month. It takes time to train a new volunteer (you) and we need to know that we can rely on you.
- Speak English. Our team uses English as their working language and all roles will require you to communicate with other team members.
- You are reliable and trustworthy. Things happen but you will give us a heads up and will not leave without saying anything. We depend on you.
Please fill out our form HERE. We will review your application and contact you within 7 days for a short call.